- GameSalad - no-code game builder:
- Corona - 'lua' based 2D development, for 2D games and utilities. My weapon of choice:
- Cocos2D - Objective-C games framework for 2D games:
- Unity3D - full 3D gaming development system, producing some awesome results:
- Rhodes - for a mix of things, closest to Corona, I think. Ruby on Rails:
- Sparrow - open source development for those who know a little Objective-C:
- Some very useful links if you're looking for a broad range of programming info:
I've found that for ease of learning the new language and a solid output, Ansca Mobile's Corona platform is performing well, has plenty of good tutorials and material and after the Apple iPhone Developer 1 year license ($99 in the USA, £59 in the UK), the Corona or Corona game license isn't too pricey. Though that might change soon...