Thursday, April 30, 2009

Instant Messaging Tools

Wow, I seriously underestimated the number of instant messaging applications out there. I've been using MSN Messenger for a long time (hasn't everyone?) and now I work on Windows Std Server 2003 I can't - the two are incompatible, as is iTunes/WS2k3. So, I went looking for a replacement which might run on WinSrv2k3, and a quick google of "instant messenger comparison" brought me to this neat link:
Having said that, of course, there are plenty of tools, APIs etc out there to let you build your own instant messaging application - including an MSN Messenger app!...

Code and API's for developing with Microsoft's MSN Messenger service, found via:http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGLS_en-GBGB299GB309&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=c%23+msn ...
A number of these utilise the DotMSN API:
Also, dubiously, there is this, which I am just not sure about yet, perhaps it's a goldmine, perhaps a landmine: http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-hack-msn-web-cam/

No comments:

Post a Comment