Friday, April 17, 2009

Workstation UnLock

For a long time now, I've been looking for a way to unlock a Windows computer programmatically. I'd like to be able to write a service, for example, which can unlock the machine and log in a user, rather than a session (which has no visible affect on the running screen), but simply logging back in the current user would suffice. Frankly, anything would do. There are many uses for this type of code, but my initial thrust was to develop a bluetooth app for my Windows Mobile device which would log me back into my machine when I walk back into range - a simple device detection app on the host machine; doesn't even have to communicate.

So far, I have been greeted with false starts, low-level C++ code (which, for me, never developed to full-fledged Windows coding) and basically tonnes of code which never claimed to work properly.

So, here I am going to log my efforts and record links to resources which might, probably won't, but might prove useful at some point:

No comments:

Post a Comment